Health and Wellness Information
All Students MUST be up-to-date on immunizations or have an original current Immunization Exemption form on file at school.
Information on Requirements may be seen at the following websites:
- Required Immunizations
- Exemption Information may be found at: Texas Department of State Health Services
Medication Forms to be completed by parents:
Forms which must be completed by physician:
- EKHLA Doctor Orders for Prescribed Medications (Must be completed for any medication kept at school for more than 10 days)
- Food Allergy Action Plan
Child Nutrition and Wellness
The District shall follow nutrition guidelines that advance student health and reduce childhood obesity and shall promote the general wellness of all students through nutrition education, physical activity, and other school-based activities. The district shall ensure that all documentation is confidential, securely locked in the office of the business manager, and retained for the proper period of time. All food, including reimbursable meals, made available by the school: shall comply with USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans, follow USDA portion size guidelines and healthy food options shall be available at school functions if it includes food or beverages.Everyone is invited to join the committee and participate in the yearly assessment conducted each Fall. If you are interested, please contact [email protected].
Tobacco Free School
Smoking and using smokeless tobacco are not permitted in school buildings, vehicles, or on or near school property, or at school-related or school-sanctioned events off school property. Students may not possess tobacco products at any of the locations or activities listed above. All violators are subject to possible prosecution, as allowed by law. Additionally, student violators are subject to the disciplinary terms of the Student Code of Conduct.
EKHLA has adopted and enforces policies and procedures that prescribe penalties for the use of e-cigarettes, as defined by applicable law, and tobacco products by students at others on school campuses or at school-sponsored or school-related activities. These penalties are described in the Student Code of Conduct.
Discrimination and Harassment Policy
Physical Activity Policy
The District shall implement, in accordance with law, a coordinated health program with physical education and physical activity components and shall offer at least the required amount of physical activity for all grades.
In addition, the District establishes the following goals for physical activity:
1. The District will provide an environment that fosters safe and enjoyable fitness activities for all students, including those who are not participating in competitive sports.
2. Physical education classes will regularly emphasize moderate to vigorous activity.
3. The District will encourage teachers to integrate physical activity into the academic curriculum where appropriate.
4. Teachers and other school staff will be encouraged to promote enjoyable, life-long physical activity for themselves and students.
5. The District will encourage parents to support their children’s participation, to be active role models, and to include physical activity in family events.
6. The District will encourage students, parents, staff, and community members to use the District’s recreational facilities that are available outside of the school day.
The Eleanor Kolitz Hebrew Language Academy participates in the Texas Education Administration’s required Fitnessgram Assessment for grades 3-8. Results are available upon request.
Title IX Contact information
- Gabriela Tawil - District Coordinator
- 11327 Dreamland San Antonio, Texas 78230
- Email is: [email protected]
- Direct phone number is: 210-890-7258.
- Training Certificate: