Health and Wellness Information
All Students MUST be up-to-date on immunizations or have an original current Immunization Exemption form on file at school.
Information on Requirements may be seen at the following websites:
(Sections 97.61-97.72 of the Texas Administrative Code are currently under revision. As a result, the 2016-2017 Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for students in grades K-12 are not yet finalized.)
- 2016-17 Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for Students Grades K-12 : Texas Dept. Of Health
- Download Spanish/English PDF of Immunization Requirements for 2016-17
- Exemption Information: Texas Department of State Health Services
Medication Forms to be completed by parents:
Forms which must be completed by physician:
- EKHLA Doctor Orders for Prescribed Medications (Must be completed for any medication kept at school for more than 10 days)
- Food Allergy Action Plan
Child Nutrition and Wellness
The Eleanor Kolitz Hebrew Language Academy has a school health advisory committee that meets quarterly, to discuss health programming for students, and make recommendations to the EKHLA board when needed. This committee is comprised of 50% parents and 50% school staff. If you are interested, in joining the committee or participating in the review or updating the child and nutrition and wellness policy, contact email@example.com.
Child Nutrition and Wellness Policy.
Tobacco Free School
Smoking and using smokeless tobacco are not permitted in school buildings, vehicles, or on or near school property, or at school-related or school-sanctioned events off school property. Students may not possess tobacco products at any of the locations or activities listed above. All violators are subject to possible prosecution, as allowed by law. Additionally, student violators are subject to the disciplinary terms of the Student Code of Conduct.
EKHLA has adopted and enforces policies and procedures that prescribe penalties for the use of e-cigarettes, as defined by applicable law, and tobacco products by students at others on school campuses or at school-sponsored or school-related activities. These penalties are described in the Student Code of Conduct.
Physical Activity Policy
The District shall implement, in accordance with law, a coordinated health program with physical education and physical activity components and shall offer at least the required amount of physical activity for all grades.
In addition, the District establishes the following goals for physical activity:
1. The District will provide an environment that fosters safe and enjoyable fitness activities for all students, including those who are not participating in competitive sports.
2. Physical education classes will regularly emphasize moderate to vigorous activity.
3. The District will encourage teachers to integrate physical activity into the academic curriculum where appropriate.
4. Teachers and other school staff will be encouraged to promote enjoyable, life-long physical activity for themselves and students.
5. The District will encourage parents to support their children’s participation, to be active role models, and to include physical activity in family events.
6. The District will encourage students, parents, staff, and community members to use the District’s recreational facilities that are available outside of the school day.
The Eleanor Kolitz Hebrew Language Academy participates in the Texas Education Administration’s required Fitnessgram Assessment for grades 3-8. Results are sent home yearly.