Core Value Student Leadership
The Core Value Student Leadership Program is a school wide program to encourage positive behavior in school, related to good study skills and positive relationships in the classroom environment. The program goals provide a format for students, grades Kinder through 8th grade, to demonstrate our core values in concrete ways.
Our core values include:
- Support: Our students receive spectacular levels of support from the teachers and each other.
- Passion: Our teachers, students and parents are committed to helping our students succeed at all levels.
- Integrity: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it, no matter what.
- Respect, Tolerance and Acceptance: We work together and are nice to everyone.
- Curiosity, Creativity and Learning: Teachers enthusiastically encourage curiosity, creativity and learning.
- Repairing the World: Our students develop a sense of responsibility to make the world a better place.
Each core value is connected to a number of behaviors that students display in the classroom, that are consistently noticed by their teachers in the classroom and hallways. If the students show a particular behavior consistently, the students have their core value packet signed by teachers, as they continue the positive behavior. Kindergarten students have fewer behaviors to demonstrate, but learn how to work in collaboration with others in the classroom, while middle school students show behavior consistently with many teachers to earn signatures.
When students earn signatures in each area for an individual core value, they receive a lanyard and a labeled pin for each core value they earn. After earning all 6 pins, they receive a “Student Manager” or “Student Leader” badge and earn extra privileges on the campus.
This program has generated praise for students who work diligently every day and allows kids to take advantage of their time with something of their choice.